The works comprised a new area unit to house the roads operations for Peebles area.
The new industrial unit houses the following:
- Roads operations, including road salting, garaging and storage;
- Vehicle maintenance operations;
- Garaging and storage for Parks and Open Spaces;
- Garaging for the Tweeddale Area mobile library van run by Education and Lifelong Learning;
- Welfare facilities for the personnel involved in the above services;
- Shared vehicle fuelling and washing facilities
- 80kW Biomass Boiler including fuel store, handling and hopper system
The project was completed during the worst winter in recent memory and we had to take some exceptional measures to get to site (hiring 4WD vehicles) and constructing temporary partitions and using temporary heaters to enable the works to be completed on time.